Close this search box.
vino ecológico

Have you ever wondered what organic wine means?

It’s more than just a label; it represents a commitment to more sustainable and environmentally respectful viticulture and winemaking practices.

Organic wines follow strict regulations established by the European Union. To earn the EU organic product certification, these wines must contain at least 95% organic ingredients, with the remaining 5% subject to strict conditions. Alongside the logo, a code number must be displayed, indicating the control body that verified the organic status of the product and the origin of the ingredients. To understand organic wine production, we can divide it into two key aspects.

Firstly, organic viticulture avoids the use of all types of chemicals, synthetic pesticides, and fertilizers to prevent or minimize any environmental pollution. Instead, environmentally friendly alternatives are used to nurture vine health and vitality. For example, natural enemies of pests are utilized to prevent any damage pests might cause. For more details, refer to EU regulations on organic production. Regulation (EU) 2018/848 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of May 30, 2018, on organic production and labeling of organic products and Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/1165 of the Commission of July 15, 2021, authorizing certain products and substances for use in organic production and establishing their lists.

Secondly, the winemaking process. In order to produce organic wine, it is not enough to use organic raw materials. A rigorous standard must be followed to ensure the proper identification and traceability of both raw materials and the finished product, and the use of ingredients and additives compliant with regulations in terms of type and quantity. Additionally, the implementation of cleaning procedures to ensure no cross-contamination occurs and appropriate protocols for managing non-conforming product claims and reporting incidents affecting the declaration of organic product placed on the market are required.

Organic wine is more than just a trend; it is a conscious choice to contribute to environmental sustainability. In line with our commitment to the future, at Bodegas Vicente Gandia, we obtained certification from Sustainable Wineries for Climate Protection (SWfCP), and since 2020, we have been certified with the international ISO 14001 certification, which certifies our environmental management system.

Our organic wines:

Castillo de Liria Blanco - Organic

Castillo de Liria – Viura & Chardonnay

Castillo de Liria Tinto Organic

Castillo de Liria – Monastrell & Shiraz

El Miracle Cava Organic

El Miracle – Cava Brut Organic

Hoya de Cadenas Cava Brut Organic

Hoya de Cadenas – Cava Brut Organic

Artículos relacionados