The countdown begins for the summer, specifically we are now 7 Sundays away to welcome it. The par excellence summer dessert is ice cream. If you are a lover of red wine and ice cream, today we bring a recipe that will conquer you and your guests: red wine ice cream.
Classic flavours such as cream, vanilla or chocolate ice cream triumph on our palate, just naming them makes our mouths water, but if we want to surprise ourselves or our guests, red wine ice cream can be the perfect finishing touch for a meal different.
Of course, the key ingredient in red wine ice cream is precisely the wine, so it is important to make a good choice, in the case of a dessert it is advisable to bet on young wines with fruity touches. The elaboration is simple:
Ingredients for 4 people:
1 Bottle of Hoya de Cadenas Cabernet Sauvignon
300 ml of cream
250 ml of whole milk
150 gr of sugar
4 egg yolks
1 cinnamon stick
- Pour the bottle of wine into a saucepan and cook for 45 minutes over medium heat until it is reduced to a third (during cooking, stir occasionally).
- Change the reduced wine to another container and allow it to cool to room temperature. (It will not be necessary until step 8).
- On the other hand, heat the cream and milk in a saucepan over low heat.
- While the milk and cream are heating up, beat the yolks with the sugar in a bowl until they set.
- Just when the cream and milk start to boil, pour them into the bowl with the yolks and whipped sugar and continue beating.
- Subsequently, add all the mixture to the fire and continue stirring over medium heat (without boiling) until a thicker and more homogeneous combination is obtained.
- Change the mixture to another container and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix the reduced wine from step 2 with the mixture and store in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Every 45 minutes remove the mixture from the freezer and stir to make it creamier.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving and voila!